Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Review | MAC Viva Glam GaGa 2

Look what we have here, a MAC Viva Glam lipstick/lipglass, but not any Viva Glam product, its a Lady GaGa endorsed product that she had helped create for the Viva Glam Campaign.  First, let me explain what the Viva Glam Campaign is all about and as short as I can.  Viva Glam Campaign was started to help fund raise money to help spread the word about HIV/AIDs because many people around the world are affected by it and MAC wanted to help not only women and children, but men also in the fight to protect ourselves from those diseases.  So, all profit/proceeds made by purchasing a Viva Glam product goes to the fund.  I love that MAC does this and have been doing this for many many years.
MAC|Viva Glam GaGa 2 $14.50
Viva Glam GaGa 2 is the follow up to Viva Glam GaGa which was more of a bubblegum pink and I believe very reminiscent of 'The Fame' era of her career.  Now with the new one we see that Lady GaGa and MAC came out with a nudish-beige shade.  The lipstick is an Amplified finish, which means its very creamy and great color payoff.  I found the color to be less jarring than its predecessor and might I add again considering I'm such a Lady GaGa fan that it very well represents her in the "Born This Way' era.  
I don't own the first Viva Glam GaGa, but I have seen it in person and swatched it.  I found it very fun and girly shade that can compliment any skin tone, but can also adapt to those who want to alter the color a little to make it more wearable for them and I understand if you don't want to be wearing a lip product that is not for everyday wear.  In contrast with the second coming, I find it even more wearable, but with my darker skin people out there it could come off too pasty or too light of a color.  You can definitely mix them just like the first one make it wearable.  
I tried comparing Viva Glam GaGa 2 with MAC Myth, but they were completely different one was lighter than the other and GaGa 2 was more deeper in the beige.  Just to let everyone know that with the lipstick the color is a flat shade, meaning for glitter particles.  In the lipglass form it does contain miniscule glitter particles that you cannot feel nor notice, but it I find it gives the color of the lipglass more dimension than the lipstick.  Paired together works wonderfully and they are not different in color between them.

Sadly, this product is limited edition and won't be available for a long.  So if you are a fan of the color, GET IT ! If you are a fan of Lady GaGa, GET IT ! or you just love what MAC is doing with the MAC HIV/AIDs fund then... GET IT !

-BENNevolent

No comments:

Post a Comment